Thursday, March 3, 2016

Revell 1/72 T-80B *first page* (by Erhan Atalay)






Hello dear friends,

The T-80B was one of Revell's earliest 1/72nd scale AFV models, first released by Matchbox, and then later Monogram, and finally Revell AG. (first picture is old box, second picture is new box, this kit is identical as Matchbox PK-183)

Kit was born in 1990. Quality mold for that period. But today it seems simple and no detail parts.

This model in my archive long time. It must be completed or will go to trash (or recycling) ..

I changed some parts. I think it is more realistic and detailed model.

I had so much enjoy the assembly stage. I hope you will like it..
An old mold but should be in my collection ..

Erhan..





Firstly meet parts..
















I started with the hull..



continue with wheels...




tracks..  I prefer to replace. Modelcollect tracks are more realistic ..





gun barrel ..I decided to replace the barrel. My optins, RB Model metal barel and Modelcollect barrel.
I chose the Modelcollect barrel ..



other details..







antiaircraft gun from Modelcollect T-90



And completed...




click please for the completed model :http://miniafv.../revell-t-80-completed.html
Erhan..

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it's well-known kit! I made T-80B and T-80BV in 2001, when I was a student. Two kits had price a half of my month grant)))

    Modelcollect much better, but it has many bugs too.
    You can see my slow-build and great battle
    http://smallafv.blogspot.ru/2015/08/blog-post_13.html
    http://smallafv.blogspot.ru/2015/07/blog-post_3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your big job my friend ;)

    ReplyDelete

free counters